To: All Portage Public School Employees
From: Technology Integration Specialist
Date: March 5, 2012
Re: How secure are my students using Google Apps?
What is the policy?
So what does that mean to you and your students in the classroom?
- You need to make sure you read the PPSNet User Agreement and review it with your students. This is something you should before beginning a technology project as a reminder to students the expectations. Each student should have this on file already. If you have concerns, check with your office staff. Here is a copy of the agreement: https://sharepoint2.portageps.org/buildings/administration/District%20Forms/PPSnew%20User%20Agreement%20Computer%20Agreement-Opt%20Out%20REV%2002282012.pdf
- Before starting your Google project, you should contact Jessica Winstanley and Kelly Jensenius to help you solidify your project and/or provide tips and tricks.
- As with any project you introduce for the first time, you should always contact your building administrator so they are aware of your plans and aren't surprised by parent calls.
- Next it is in your best interest to contact the parents to let them know your intentions. This will give them the information they need and alleviate possible concerns. Here is a letter you can personalize as well as an additional voluntary contract to the PPSNet agreement to help communicate expectations for Google Docs.
- Start small – you don’t have to use ALL the features of Google Apps. Don’t know WHERE to start, but want to? Ask for our support! Jessica Winstanley and Kelly Jensenius are available to help guide you.