I know you are all anxious to get going on your report card comments. As you begin working on them here are a few tips that should help make your life a little easier, and let's face it, we all can use tricks to help us work smarter not harder. For a printer-friendly version of this tip, click here.
Enter Comments in Learner Behaviors
In order to have consistency and avoid repeated/lost comments, please be sure that you are going in to your Learner Behaviors gradebook to enter comments.
Red means NOT saved!
When you are adding comments in the individual child's comment screen and hit Okay, they will turn red on the main comment screen. This means they are not saved yet. Make sure you click SAVE at the top of the screen to save the comments. Save often!
Want to create a template? Use Apply to All button.
Sometimes we want to create a basic template to guide our comments before we personalize them for each child. The Apply to All button is great for this. Here is how it works.
- Go to Learner Behaviors
- Click on Comments at the top of the screen
- Click "Post Comments" for the quarter in which you want to add comments.
- Select the icon at the right of the text box for the first child.
- Type what you want included in the template in the box that pops up. When finished click the Apply to All button on the right. This will add this comment to everyone's report card.
Link to the Video: http://goo.gl/tDlvjU
- Here are a few tips when using the apply all button:
- Do the Apply to All first! If you click "Apply to All" after you already have comments in for some kids, it will overwrite those comments you already have entered.
- Once you do the "Apply to All" you can then go back in and customize the individual students by typing in your changes, then clicking OK instead of Apply to All .
- Make sure you save often.