Well, now there is a way! Meet... rosterSync!
From the site...
rosterSync - Teacher Edition allows teachers to sync a Google Classroom course roster -- including student email addresses -- directly with Google Sheets for handy use with Add-ons like Doctopus, formMule, autoCrat, formRanger, and others.
Installing this Tool...
- I installed the Sheets Add-on, which can be found here
- I clicked the blue "FREE" button
- An "Untitled Spreadsheet" opened up and the Add-on was installed
- After titling my Sheet (as any good Google Drive user does), I clicked "Add-ons" in the menu bar
- I choose "rosterSync - Teacher Edition"
- A few seconds later, I had this convenient sidebar at the right of my Sheet.
- I selected the sheet a wanted to port my roster to,
- Picked the Google Classroom course I wanted to pull my roster from,
- Chose my "Sync direction" (from Classroom to Sheet, recommended),
- And clicked the button "Run Sync", Done!
- Seconds later I had my Classroom roster in Sheets.
- Pure Sweetness!
As we use Google Forms more and more and; therefore, make more use of Google Sheets, I can see this as a valuable tool at the beginning of a course/class for any teacher. Using Google Classroom with rosterSync just make it that much more awesome!
Geek signing out!